Sunday, January 18, 2015

Last Training Run Before Vacay: City Creek Canyon 12.20.14



I challenged myself, and some friends, to run 75 miles in the month of December.  I've been doing good, and was hoping to knock this mileage out before I left for vacation today.  So what do I do?  Schedule a 16 mile run before I leave for Virginia.

So the morning of 12.20.14, Alberto, Heather, and I went up City Creek Canyon.  The weather was overcast to start off.  We started at the canyon gate so we could explore more of the trails.  More snow had fallen since we ran last week.






The thick snow made it a little difficult to run.  It was hard to see the trails in some parts.






But one thing for sure... the scenery was gorgeous with all the fresh powder.  Alberto was our trail blazer, while Heather and I laughed trying not to fall as we followed in Alberto's footsteps.  We ran alongside the creek, and some places we thought we might fall in!






We finally got to a part in the trail where the snow had been untouched.  We weren't exactly sure where the trail went on from there, so we turned around and headed back.  Our feet were drenched with melting snow!  Once again, the companionship of fellow running family made the adventure bearable!  We even stopped to make some snow angels!






16 miles done!  Now it's time to head home, get last minute packing done, and celebrate Christmas with my hubby before heading home to Virginia and Maryland for the next couple of weeks! 


And today's run put me right at 75 miles! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment