Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Who Knew I'd LOVE To Practice YOGA!?

Can I just tell you how much I enjoy... no, no... LOVE Yoga?  It is so much fun!  It all started when my friend, Elvia, invited me to join in on an Instagram Yoga challenge back in November of last year.  Elvia is part of my running family (The Run Aways), and she's just a spunky, amazing woman!  She kept inviting to me to previous challenges, which I resisted of course, but finally gave in to the short yoga challenge right around Thanksgiving.

It started out with just the challenges.  I'd usually do my poses out on trail runs (before, during, or after).  I noticed how much better I felt!  So I kept participating.  One challenge a month turned into four or five!  And then I'd see fun poses that I'd want to try, so I tried them!  And then... well, let's just say I turned into a monster!  A good monster, of course.  A fun, yoga monster!  [Disclaimer: I still enjoy running, triathlon, hiking, and other activities just as much]  I love how it's not so hard on my body like a lot of the other activities I participate in.  I do love Pilates too, but I'm having a hard time committing to a studio at the moment, especially after my fun class at SLCC with my teacher, Kim!

Anyway... I've enjoyed yoga so much I decided to try Anti-Gravity Yoga and even Stand-Up Paddleboard (SUP) Yoga!  Am I obsessed?  I might be... just a tad!  But I love it! And I'm going to keep "Yoga-ing" as my friend, Jenny, put it!

I love to see my progress, and I love seeing how it's enhanced my performance in running/triathlon.  I love the way it's transformed my thinking and my soul!  I love all my Yogi friends I have on Instagram and how supportive they are!  They inspire me!  And I love getting friends to join me too!









No comments:

Post a Comment