Friday, June 20, 2014

If it's not one thing, it's another...

I feel like I'm posting one thing after another about this past weekend.  Because seriously... if it really isn't one thing, it's another.  So after getting chased around by that sicko on Saturday night, Ezra and I went back down to Moab to tow our car back to Salt Lake.  We slept in Sunday morning, but we ended up spending the rest of the morning at UHaul getting our tow dolly, and then headed down to pick up our car.  On the way down, we heard a clicking in our 4Runner, which really freaked us out.  I found it was a flap under the fender that was loose and needed tacking down.  Whew!  We were both really worried about this car too.

Ezra and I both had Monday off, so we ended up sleeping and resting most of the day away.  It was much needed rest! 

We took Emerline into the auto shop on 17th South on Wednesday afternoon, after I got off work.  Because the "Check Engine" light was flashing, the mechanics recommended we not drive the car at all.  Emmy got a code 301.  We left our car there.

Ezra then got a call from the auto shop today and said that the mechanics found a few things wrong with the car and asked if he wanted them to do an expensive test to make sure it wasn't something else.  They didn't want to fix anything up until they got the deeper source of the problem.  I'm hoping it's not something so severe that it would cost an arm and a leg to repair.  I guess the other option would be to look into a newer vehicle.  I'd hate to lose Emmy though.  She's come to be my go to car.  I love her so much!  I almost hated the idea of having a Civic at the time I bought her, but she's gone through so much with me.  She's been there through all the craziness of my senior year... through first triathlon, and has even helped us survive out here in Utah!

The repair shop called back today and told us Emmy needed a valve adjustment.  With repairs and diagnostics, it would cost us $875.  But they somehow knocked it down to $750!  :\  I guess it's more affordable than a new car - that's for sure!

So now that we've gotten the Civic fixed, I think She-Ra (our 4Runner) is having starter issues!  I think it's time we start learning how to fix this stuff ourselves!  It may take a lot more time and frustration, but it would be quite cheaper!  I'm really hoping my co-worker Mike can teach me!  I want to learn!



No comments:

Post a Comment