Sunday, June 29, 2014

Girls' Camp 2014: My first Girls' Camp Ever!

I got to attend Girls' Camp for the first time EVER!  The past couple of times that I was called into Young Women and had the opportunity to go, I moved.  And I never was in Young Women as I'm a convert to the church.  But this year, I finally got initiated and went up to Hinckley Scout Ranch with my girls!  We were scheduled to go from June 24th through the 28th.

We chose the theme: Super Heroes - The Power Within.  It was a lot of fun.  The girls made shirts with their chosen super hero and we prepped with hikes and such.  These girls truly are super heroes, as they face much adversity and have to stand up for what they believe in with courage and integrity.

They were able to take part in activities such as shooting, archery, bouldering, team building and problem solving, hiking, canoeing, and swimming.  They also put together a skit and performed in front of youth and leaders of other wards, and sang songs around the camp fire.  They performed service by creating a trail for others to appreciate along the nature hike, and they helped around their own camp site - cooking, gathering firewood, and picking up trash.

I'm so proud of these girls and am grateful for the opportunity I had to get them know them better and see them outside of a church setting.  There were a few kinks, as bigger groups tend to experience, but they were able to work it out and enjoy the remainder of their time there.



I got to take some of the classes they participated in as well.  Archery was one of my favorites... I did pretty good for my first time!

The skits were hilarious!  The girls had me rolling on the ground laughing as they have such character! 





I love these girls... and wouldn't trade them for the world!  I'm grateful for all the Young Women that I've gotten to work with over the past few years, and I know they have such bright futures ahead of them!  I can't wait to see what awesome leaders they turn out to be!

Until next year...


No comments:

Post a Comment