Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Ezra

I've blogged a lot about my race endeavors and maybe thoughts I've had during training, but not much about the behind the scenes people in my life.


Let me take a moment to talk about and introduce you to my wonderful husband, Ezra.


Ezra and I met in Frederick, MD when he got back from his mission with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in August 2009.  What was funny was that I had moved from Ashburn, VA to Frederick, MD due to the crazy gas prices we were experiencing.  Commuting 2 hours every day was just not feasible for me anymore.  I hadn't planned on staying but one year in Frederick.  I was hoping to move back to VA.  I decided to stay, and then Ezra came along.

Ezra served his mission in the Montevideo West mission in Uruguay.   Being a convert to the church, I was afraid it would have been years before I even got married, let alone to a Return Missionary!  I loved hearing about his stories on his mission, and the people he met.  

Ezra & Leo Arrieta






I met him on Sunday morning in our YSA Sunday school class in the Monocacy Ward in the Frederick Stake.  I know this might be a little weird to say, but it was really love at first sight for me.  His gorgeous blue eyes just spoke to me.  I knew from that moment on that I wanted to marry him.  But it was quite some time before we even started dating.  We started a friendship first, and we tried to feel out where each of us stood as far as relationships, etc.  As handsome as he was, I thought he had already had a girlfriend.  And I thought that he might think the age difference between us would be a deal breaker as well.  The more time we spent together, the stronger our friendship became and the more our feelings for each other grew.  The next thing I knew, we were a couple.  I think it shocked a lot of our YSA group.  I guess it just threw everyone for a loop.



We had mutual feelings very early on (in our relationship) that we wanted to get married, but we tried not to bring it up right away.  I still thought it was too good to be true that this wonderful man wanted to be with me.  I was just scared from having been so hurt in the past.  Despite all my baggage and flaws, he still wanted to be with me.  It was then that I knew he was definitely a keeper!

After that, it was fast forward from there.  We couldn't wait to be together and would spend almost of our spare time together.  We got engaged by August of 2010 (after he courageously went down to ask my parents' permission for my hand) and married on November 6, 2010.




Some things you may or may not know about him, which I love about him:

He loves cats!  He turns into a big softie with felines around.





My cat, Braveheart, fell in love with him the first time they met!  He loved Ezra almost more than he loved me!  And Ezra absolutely adored him!  They definitely had a bromance going on!  Never had Braveheart ever liked a male more than Ezra!


He plays guitar.  I'm married to a rock star!  ;)


He has two NFL teams he roots for...
First and foremost, the Green Bay Packers.
And because he's from Maryland, the Baltimore Ravens.




He always makes me laugh and has a great sense of humor.


And he's a student up at the University of Utah studying to be an Electrical Engineer.  I couldn't be more proud of him!  

He's always there to support me through all my endeavors and goals.  





Ezra's my best friend, my better half, and my rock.  I couldn't have been more blessed to have him for my husband and eternal companion.  He's sensitive, loyal, understanding, and loves me unconditionally.  I love him so much and I can't imagine what my life would have been like without him.  I look forward to more of our journey to unfold and where life will take us!  





No comments:

Post a Comment