Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Off-Season

My triathlon season has been complete (well, maybe... I might have one more sprint to do in November, but other than that, it's done) since my half iron on September 13th.  I've kind of been itching to do more, but then I took a step back to reevaluate everything going on at the moment.  I've decided to take a little bit of a break.  I mentioned on my "Joyce's Journey to Ironman" Facebook group that I won't be running Vineman next year, like I had originally hoped to do.  With so much on my plate, I needed to re-prioritize. 

I've decided to go on a different "iron" journey and take up lifting again.  I still want to do some fun runs and shorter distance triathlons here and there, but I want to work more on getting the excess fat that I've had trouble shedding. 

I am following a lifting program, and have noticed in the past 4 weeks that I'm starting to tone up in places, which really excites me!  My arms don't jiggle as much, I'm losing the back fat and bra bulge, and my love handles don't pudge out as much as they used to!  I've changed my eating, and though I indulge in some junky foods every once in awhile, I've really started to cut out a lot of unnecessary sugars and carbs.  I've been feeling a lot stronger and much better! 

But it's been no easy process... and sometimes it's discouraging not seeing the results you want right away.  I've had to exercise more patience with myself than ever!  In another couple of weeks, I'll be taking an indoor cycling class, now that my friend Gemma is back at work!  :D 

Here's to a fun off-season!  :)

(be on the look out for progress pics soon... not that I want to share them, but more of keeping myself accountable!)

No comments:

Post a Comment