Saturday, December 13, 2014

Bluffdale Pre-Christmas Running Clinic and Yellow Fork Canyon Training Run 12.06.14


Have I mentioned that I LOVE MY RUNNING GROUP?!?!?!?  Because I DO!  This running family of mine has pushed me beyond my mental walls and has challenged me to be a better runner and triathlete!  They've even gotten me out on the craziest element days to do runs, when I would normally wuss out and sit at home on the couch!

Today we met at Bluffdale City Park for the Pre-Christmas Running Clinic, hosted by Robert.  It was a cold, windy morning.  There was a 1 mile loop for us to run and choose our distance.  And then eat and socialize with one another!  I got to meet more of our Run Aways family.  Heather, Alberto, and I ran about 2 -3 miles and then chatted with everyone. And took our jumping pictures of course!  :)


Our jumping pictures are a signature for our group, and this particular series we took made us all laugh so hard we almost peed our pants (especially with Susette accidentally kicking Cory in the leg)!

Janet, Heather, Me, Alberto: some of the crazies doing the Polar Plunge in January

Janet and me.

Robert, Heather, Me, Alberto


After mingling, eating, and laughing, Heather, Alberto, and I headed up to Yellow Fork Canyon for a little bit of a tougher run.  We encountered mud, snow, and ice along the way to the top.



We made it to the top!  Yay!  


More snow, ice, and mud on the way back down!



 

Heather and I kind of ran near the brush because of all the ice, and we kept getting burrs and stickers all over our pants!  She attracted what seemed like a tumbleweed after a particular patch of brush.  Then she slipped and we started our laughing and giggles all over again!  Her leg ended up looking like a cow pie!  

Although the ice made it a little more difficult, it was a fun trip around that trail!  Can't wait til next time!  



No comments:

Post a Comment