Saturday, December 13, 2014

The Living Room Training Run 12.11.14





Thursdays are my middle of the day trainings with Heather on the Bonnieville Shoreline Trail (BST) near the University of Utah.  I always see people running on this trail while I'm working, as the windows to our lab face the side of the mountain with the trail.  I used to get jealous watching all of those people running while I was stuck at work, but like I've said I started taking my lunch to the trails on Thursdays.

Heather and I have been running up the Dry Creek Trail and increasing in distance each time, but today I thought we could change it up a little bit and run up to The Living Room.  It's not very long of a trail, but it's pretty steep!  I've only hiked it a couple of times, but never run it.  I always saw people running up and down that trail, so I figured we'd give it a go.



We started from the Jewish Community Center (JCC) and then headed towards the Natural History Museum.  I thought the trail we were on connected to the trail to the Living Room, but I was wrong.  So we detoured...and struck a yoga pose while we were at it!


We had to make our way down the trail, back down and around Red Butte Gardens, then over to the Living Room trail head.  But of course with it being all brown and dead, I missed the turn.  So we ran over to This Is The Place, and turned around.  Then the craziness began!  Up to the Living Room we went!  And boy was it intense!

This picture of Heather pretty much summed up how our legs felt up the trail!  Whew!  Our hammies and quads were burning!  But we kept smiles on our faces and pushed through the burn!


We finally got to the Living Room, where they have "rock furniture."  We took a break and enjoyed the view before heading back down.



We headed back down and over to the JCC.  It felt nice to stretch out and sit after that steep climb!  Here's what our elevation gain/loss looked like!  6.01 miles




No comments:

Post a Comment