Sunday, January 24, 2016

The Beginning of Tri Season 2016 - Kearns Indoor Tri Series 1 of 3 1/23/16




Yesterday, I took part in the 1st of 3 indoor triathlons of the Kearns Winter Triathlon Series at the Kearns Oquirrh Park Fitness Center and Utah Olympic Oval.  I signed up sometime in December with every intention of getting back into training, but I just couldn't find the motivation to do so.  Time quickly passed and it was time for the triathlon.  I was a little apprehensive to do it, and came up with excuses to use to skip it (I even told Ezra I didn't want to go), but I figured having already dished out the money for it, I may as well go.  I thought of it as just another training session.  But I'm glad I went!


I got to see Janet and Gerald, whom I haven't seen in forever!  And I got to meet more of my Salt Lake Tri Club family: Adam, Amy, Alicia, and Erin!



We got these fun transition mats, too!  Those are probably one of the most practical items I've received in a tri goody bag!


I was already pretty sore from my OTF workout the night before (I'll make sure to plan better the next time around), but the swim and bike weren't too bad.  I definitely felt it on the run, though!  Ouch!  Overall, for not having trained, I think I did pretty decent.  But most of all, I had fun and am glad I followed through!  Like I said before, I'm glad I got to meet more of our SLTC family, and I even reconnected with Sam Page, who I swam with at Blackridge last summer!  She joined the SLTC fam too!



Congrats to all of us!  And here's to the next two rounds!  I'll be better prepared the next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment