Saturday, November 15, 2014

Coyote Hollow Trail Training Run 11.08.14



I decided to take my running to a new level.  I've decided to challenge myself to be a better and stronger runner... and if that means going on group trail runs, so be it!  The past two days, my friend, Heather, and I ran the Salt Lake Running Light Up Liberty 5Ks to raise awareness for running safety.  Thursday's run was in Salt Lake (right in my neighborhood), and Friday's run was at Sandy, in Heather's stomping grounds.  Today, we made a pact to run this 10 mile trail run with our Run Aways group at Coyote Hollow at Corner Canyon.  Our teammate, Robert, invited us as he was joining the run alongside another local running group.

I picked up Heather and we headed down to the Draper Temple, as we weren't exactly sure where to meet.  It was soooooooooooooo cold!  As Robert made the turn around the corner, we followed down to the trail head.

We met up with the Life Time running group.  The sun was behind the clouds, so it was freezing!  I wasn't exactly sure what to wear since I was so cold, but I do tend to heat up pretty quickly. 

We took a little while to decide on which trail to take, but we finally got moving.  We headed up, and everyone went along at their own pace.  Heather and I hung out in the back.  What I love about this group though, is that nobody gets left behind.  There's always a checkpoint to make sure nobody gets lost or hurt along the way.







Another beautiful part about this trail was the view of the temple from the overlooks.




This trail run wasn't so bad.  It was cold at the start, but the weather couldn't have been any more perfect as the day progressed.  There were some tough parts, but the challenge will only make me a stronger runner.  And who could pass up being in nature?  I love it!  And whew, what a leg workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment