Saturday, November 15, 2014

Salt Lake Running: Light Up Liberty 5K 11.06.14 (Salt Lake City) & 11.07.14 (Sandy)

Thursday, 11.06.14 - Salt Lake City run






I skipped my spinning class tonight to take part in Light Up Liberty, hosted by the Salt Lake Running Company.  What was nice about this race, was it was right down the road from where we live.  The races were to raise awareness for night running and safety for runners and the community.  I met Heather and Maria there.  And I ran into Shaylee, who's also a member of my running group.  I had only talked to her on FaceBook, but was excited to run the same event with her!

Maria, Me, Shaylee, Heather @ Light Up Liberty 5K 11.06.14


It was also Maria's birthday today!  Yay!  Happy birthday Maria!  It's also President Uchtdorff's birthday, and Ezra and my 4th year anniversary.  I know... I'm a horrible wife... running a race on our anniversary!  (But no worries... we went out for Sushi Burritos after!!!!)



Light Up Liberty had a 5 and 3 mile option.  Maria, Heather, and I opted for the 3.1 mile option since Maria's hip was hurting a bit.  We headed down 6th East to 1300 South and turned around and came back.  We waited around for the raffle at 7:30pm and then celebrated Maria's birthday with cake!  :)  We finally caught up with Joshua, Jill, and Elsha.

Heather, Maria, Joshua, Elsha, Jill, Me



Get it?  Get it?  :P


Friday, 11.07.14 - Sandy Run

On Friday night, Heather and I did it all again.  The race took place around the South Town Expo Centre and we ran on the Porter Rockwell Trail.  This run was a little more hilly than yesterday's, but it wasn't bad at all.


After the race, we walked around the fun expo they had going on there.  We scored some free gear and I stocked up on some Core Power!  Yummmmmmm!   Tomorrow, we run 10 miles at Coyote Hollow!  Fun fun!  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment